POSITION OPENING: Associate director of Audience engagement
This position is responsible for supporting all marketing and communications efforts of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra with a primary emphasis on growing and deepening relationships with the audience. The Associate Director of Audience Engagement is also responsible for assisting other ASO employees in progressing the ASO’s mission of enriching, engaging, inspiring, and advancing Arkansas through music. The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, curiosity, self-motivation, and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a teammate and leader in crafting ASO’s message and communicating the case for support to a larger audience.
- Manage ASO’s partnership with PR consulting firm to build and maintain media relations for concert promotion, education activities, branding, and ASO storytelling
- Draft and distribute press releases for concerts, education and outreach activities, and other ASO initiatives
- Coordinate media appearances for ASO conductors, guest artists, and musicians
- Create and maintain a detailed social media plan and calendar
- Create dynamic and engaging content for all ASO platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Seek out new platforms and new ways to use ASO’s existing platforms to engage the community
- Monitor and take action on all messages and comments received on ASO’s social media.
- Coordinate with ASO’s Social Media Content Manager for behind the scenes video and photo content
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and consultants to craft innovative and engaging campaigns to promote ASO concerts and grow the audience
- Manage the marketing production schedule and team calendar
- Write and proof copy for ads, emails, social media posts, radio/television scripts
- Create and distribute emails in ASO’s email marketing software
- Manage creative consultants, including but not limited to graphic designers, copywriters, video editors
- Ensure artwork and copy deadlines are met
- Monitor and manage ASO ad placements
- Act as staff liaison and driver for engagement and audience growth groups, such as SHARP Young Professionals of the ASO and ASO Ambassadors
- Represent ASO at community events
- Regular attendance of ASO concerts
- Identify, recruit, and follow up with new audiences for ASO
A successful Associate Director of Audience Engagement is a self-motivated go-getter looking to expand their skills. This person will be passionate about growing ASO’s audience and deepening ASO’s relationship with patrons. The Associate Director of Audience Engagement will be a leader who ensures ASO’s ongoing efforts for audience retention, growth, and development are executed effectively while looking for innovative ways to reach ASO’s goals.
- Smart, willing to learn, and curious
- Strong communication skills and comfortable communicating ASO’s message
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading
- Excellent personal organization and time management
Experience: Writing, media relations, marketing experience preferred but not required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- This position will work with a leading public relations company and leading national marketing consultants as ASO rebuilds its concert audience and launches several new initiatives.
Organization Culture: We are team-oriented, work hard, have fun, and are agile. Given the workload, each member must be self-motivated, strive to push the bar on performance, and be flexible. ASO believes in helping team members develop their careers and supports ongoing professional development.
Interested Candidates: Submit cover letter and resume to bdorris@ArkansasSymphony.org or via mail to B Dorris, PO Box 7328, Little Rock, AR 72217.