Sturgis Music Academy is now accepting registration for the Summer Program for Strings (June 2, 2017- June 30, 2017).
The mission of the Sturgis Music Academy is to provide an opportunity for excellence in the pursuit of high quality musical education with a focus on violin, based on methods and philosophies of Mimi Zweig, Shinichi Suzuki and Paul Rolland. This is a proven method for developing confidence, creative thinking, and a general work ethic that will assist students' musical and non-musical endeavors. The Academy will also emphasize the partnership between parents and student in dealing with the challenges of learning the violin. The students of the Academy receive one group class and one private lesson each week taught by the director of the program, Dr. Tze-Ying Wu. The program also offers performance opportunities throughout the semester.
Beginning this academic year, Sturgis Music Academy collaborates with the Jefferson Elementary School, Forest Park Elementary School, and the FirstArts program of First United Methodist Church by offering violin group classes as part of the Academy’s outreach program.
Follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/sturgismusicacademy
Spring Semester Information
Program Information and Structure (download the handbook here)
- Program Period: January 16th 2017 - May 14th, 2017
- Fee: $480 (please contact the Director about payment options)
- Lessons and classes are held at Byrne Hall, 2417 North Tyler St., Little Rock, AR 72207
- 16 private lessons (30 minutes)
- Financial aid is available. For more information, please read the student handbook.
- Registration and financial aid application deadline: January 15th, 20017
- All fees due: January 28th, 2017
Class Offerings for Spring Semester 2017
Beginner-level classes are offered Mondays, from 5 - 6 p.m.
Book 1-level classes are offered Mondays, from 6 - 7 p.m.
Spring Semester Calendar
(all events held at Byrne Hall, 2417 N. Tyler St, Little Rock, AR 72207 unless otherwise noted)
- January 14, 2017 - Meeting for new parents and students at 4 p.m. in Byrne Hall
- January 16, 2017 - First week of semester (No group class due to M.L.K. day)
- January 23, 2017 - Group class starts
- March 20, 2017 - Spring Break, no group class or private lesson for the week
- April 1, 2017 - Spring Concert at First United Methodist Church, 723 Center St., Little Rock AR 72201 (time TBA)
- May 6, 2017 - Solo recitals at Byrne Hall (time TBD)
- May 8, 2017 - (Last week of semester)