Registration for Spring Semester 2020 is now open!
Spring Term: January 13th - May 9th (Dates below)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register as a NEW student. All fall 2019 semester students will be automatically registered for spring 2020 unless you inform the director otherwise.
The mission of the Sturgis Music Academy is to provide an opportunity for excellence in the pursuit of high-quality musical education, based on the methods and philosophies of Shinichi Suzuki, Mimi Zweig and Paul Rolland. This is a proven method for developing confidence, creative thinking, and a general work ethic that will assist students' musical and non-musical endeavors. The students of the Academy receive weekly group and private lessons, as well as performance opportunities throughout the semester.
Follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/sturgismusicacademy
PROGRAM INFORMATION (Fall and Spring Semesters 2019-20)
- Program period:
- Spring: January 13 – May 9, 2020
- Summer dates COMING SOON
- Offering weekly private and group lessons for violin and cello
- For violin, we accept students ages 5-18.
- For cello, we accept students ages 7-18.
- Offering group and individual performance opportunities
- Private lessons once a week (lesson length and teacher assignment determined by the instructor)
- Teachers for the private lesson might be different from the group lesson
- Fees (based on the length of private lessons):
- 30-minute private lesson: $480
- 45-minute private lesson: $640
- 60-minute private lesson: $800
- Fees include all group and private lessons and activities in the semester Group Class Schedule
Violin A (Beginner)-
Cello A (Beginner)-
*4:15 - 4:45
Cello B -Klett
Violin C - Williamson
*Please note: Group class times above for Spring 2020!!
Cello groups B and C are now in ONE group (Group B)
Violin groups C and D are now in ONE group (Group C)
Violin group E is now group D!
- Financial aid is available. (Contact the director for the application form)
- Registration and financial aid application deadline:
- Spring: January 3, 2020
- Tuition in full: (Contact the director for payment options)
- Spring: January 31, 2020
- Tuition by two installments:
- Spring: January 31, 2020, and March 13, 2020
Payable by check made out to Arkansas Symphony Orchestra (or ASO), cash, or credit card through https://www.arkansassymphony.org/sturgis-pay-online
- For private lesson, the location will be determined by the teacher.
- Group lessons are held at
- Byrne Hall: 2417 North Tyler Street, Little Rock, AR, 72207.
- Fitzgerald Hall: 2414 North Tyler Street, Little Rock, AR 72207 (Room B1 in the basement)
NO GROUP CLASSES OR LESSONS MLK Day, Monday, January 20th
NO GROUP CLASSES OR LESSONS SPRING BREAK March 23 - 29th
Spring 2020 Concerts
Sunday, March 1st, ASO Lobby Concert CELLOS ONLY
2:20 PM, Robinson Center
Saturday, March 21st, Annual Spring Gala
3:00 PM, Trinity Presbyterian
4501 Rahling Rd., Little Rock, AR 72223
Saturday, May 9th, Student Solo Recitals
4:30 & 5:30 PM, Byrne Hall
Faculty Contact Information
Katherine Williamson Director /Violin Instructor
- Telephone: 501-666-1761, Ext. 109
- Email: email@example.com
Graham Jones / Violin instructor
- Telephone: 312-805-1983
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanna Klett / Cello instructor
- Telephone: 501-666-1761, Ext. 121
- Email: email@example.com
Please contact the director with any questions!