POSITION OPENING: Finance Director
Position Opening: Finance Director
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Number of Hires for this role: 1
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Salary: $55,000 DOE
- 401(k) w/employer match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Account
- Generous PTO policy
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accurate and reliable financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner
- Maintain and periodically update chart of accounts and financial structure to ensure adequate financial reporting
- Create and post journal entries for recording revenue, making corrections and adjustments, and recording all financial transactions
- Develop the annual operating budget with input from department managers and analysis of trends from previous years
- Maintain fixed assets records and calculate appropriate depreciation schedules/journal entries
- Complete monthly reconciliations of credit card accounts, bank statements, and various revenue accounts
- Manage all aspects of the accounts payable system including entering invoices, printing checks, and maintaining vendor records
- Schedule and coordinate the annual financial statement audit with outside auditors
- File periodic reports with government agencies to maintain organizational compliance
- Manage the human resource functions of the organization including onboarding new employees, maintaining payroll and personnel records, tracking employee PTO, and coordinating employee benefits
- Coordinate semi-monthly payroll with employees and outside payroll vendor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/related field (required)
- Five years of accounting experience (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize and summarize large quantities of data into understandable reports
- High degree of accuracy with all types of details
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems as they arise
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel)
The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra (ASO) exists to connect, enrich, inspire and advance Arkansas through the power of music. Administrative staff, orchestra musicians, the Board, and other volunteers have worked together to build ASO’s financial stability and continue increasing service to the community. ASO has ended the last twelve fiscal years with a balanced budget and a growing annual fund. ASO is currently in the beginning of a capital campaign and also focused on rebuilding audiences after the pandemic.
Based in Little Rock, Arkansas, ASO has an annual budget of approximately $3.5 million. Current programming in Little Rock includes six pairs of Masterworks, four pairs of Pops, six River Rhapsodies chamber music concerts, youth concerts, and extensive education programming for young people performed primarily by the ten full-time musicians of the orchestra. In addition, the orchestra performs in communities across the state.
Recent highlights include: In June of 2016 ASO successfully completed a 3-year, $7 million fundraising initiative, Orchestrating the Future: Symphony for Generations Campaign, which strengthened ASO’s stability and raised funds for artistic and education initiatives in the community. The newly renovated Robinson Center opened in November of 2016. In 2019, ASO launched a $10 million campaign to build the ASO Stella Boyle Smith Music Center in downtown Little Rock, which will be the headquarters for ASO that will allow the organization to serve more Arkansans through new initiatives and expanded education offerings. ASO proactively navigated the pandemic with innovative digital content and virtual engagement activities, garnering 1.5 million Facebook impressions along the way, and was even highlighted by the Washington Post and featured on The Kelly Clarkson Show. In 2021, ASO’s children’s concert was viewed by over 23,000 school children in over 30 counties across the state. ASO finished its 12th season operating with a balanced budget in June. The future for ASO is bright and is driven by strategic imperatives to serve more Arkansans through music.
We are team-oriented, work hard, have fun, and are agile. Given the workload, each member must be self-motivated, strive to push the bar on performance, and be flexible. ASO believes in helping team members develop their careers and supports ongoing professional development.
Interested Candidates: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or via mail to J Ellis, PO Box 7328, Little Rock, AR 72217.